We strive for the highest possible data economy and transparency in the processing of personal data. As a rule, it is possible to use our websites without providing personal data. The regulations on data protection are observed.
Rector Professor Dr. Ulrich Jautz is responsible for the Hochschule Pforzheim. Contact us: Tiefenbronner Straße 65, 75175 Pforzheim, Rektorat(at)hs-pforzheim(dot)de.
You can contact the data protection officer of Pforzheim University at datenschutz(at)hs-pforzheim(dot)de. The supervisory authority responsible for data protection is the State Commissioner for Data Protection of Baden-Württemberg.
The IT Security Officer of Pforzheim University is Professor Dr. Hanno Weber. Contact us: Tiefenbronner Straße 65, 75175 Pforzheim, hanno.weber(at)hs-pforzheim(dot)de, telephone: 07231/28-6001.
1. Data collection and processing for access from the Internet
When you visit our website, our web servers automatically record every access in a log file. The following data is stored:
- IP address
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Date and time of access
- Amount of data transmitted
- Message whether the retrieval was successful
- URL of the referring page
- Access status of the web server (file transferred, file not found, command not executed, etc.)
- Browser identification
The stored data will not be passed on to third parties and will only be used to optimise the internet offer and for troubleshooting. The stored data will be deleted after 14 days.
The following data is stored by Matomo:
- Retrieved URL
- Date and time
- Amount of data transmitted
- URL of the referring page (referrer)
- Browser identification (browser version, operating system, screen resolution, plug-ins)
- IP address in shortened form, i.e. the last two bytes are set to zero
The stored data is deleted after 66 days.
You can subsequently object to the storage and evaluation at any time with a mouse click.
2. Personal data
Personal data is only collected by us if and to the extent that you yourself make it available to us with your knowledge.
You have the right to revoke your consent at any time. Information on the processing purposes is given at the appropriate places on our websites and is not subject to subsequent change. The data will not be passed on to third parties. The external service provider we work with has signed the Hochschule Pforzheim's data protection declaration.
3. Forms and web-based services
Our website contains forms and services in which data can be entered. The use of these additional possibilities and the associated input of data is exclusively on a voluntary basis. The data will be processed for the purpose stated there.
Unless otherwise stated, processing is based on Art. 6 EU-DSGVO.
4. Social networks
We use the so-called Shariff solution for communication with social networks. The contact is only established when the user actively clicks on the corresponding button.
5. Reference to data subject rights
According to Art. 15 of the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (EU-DSGVO) there is a right to free information on whether personal data of one's own person is processed and if so, what personal data is involved. In principle, a copy of the data can be requested, unless a legal exception applies. If the data is incomplete or incorrect, there is a right to correction in accordance with Art. 16 EU-DSGVO.
Further rights of data subjects are:
- Art. 17 EU-DSGVO: Deletion of one's own personal data if there is a reason for deletion stated there.
- Art. 18 EU-DSGVO: Restriction of the processing of personal data if there is a reason stated there.
- Art. 20 EU-DSGVO: Transfer of one's own personal data to a provider if processing is carried out on the basis of consent or on the basis of a contract.
- Art. 21 EU-DSGVO: For reasons relating to a particular personal situation, there may be a right to object to otherwise lawful processing of personal data.
- Art. 22 EU-DSGVO: Grants special rights to data subjects for automated decisions in individual cases, including profiling.
We use temporary cookies as well as the Matomo cookie to deactivate Matomo tracking.
7. Information and contact
You have the right to request information about the personal data stored about you at any time and free of charge. You can contact us in writing, either by e-mail or by post. If you have any questions, you are also welcome to contact us. To do so, please contact the Rector of Pforzheim University. You will find the necessary contact details above.