Strengthening the market entry of green start-ups through networking with SMEs
The aim of the project is to use the synergy potentials from the cooperation between SMEs and green start-ups with precisely fitting topic and technology focussing as well as innovative matching and partnering formats.
This can accelerate the implementation and diffusion of environmental innovations, create additional jobs and make significant contributions to climate and environmental protection. The innovation fields considered are in the areas of environmental technology (including recycling management, air pollution control, water management) and resource efficiency (material and energy efficiency).
Only less than a third of SMEs specifically establish contact with start-ups. The potential to support SMEs and start-ups in connecting them in a target-oriented process is significant. The challenge is to develop and implement a viable concept, enabling suitable cooperation between SMEs and green start-ups to be initiated with limited effort.
Umwelttechnik BW GmbH, the INEC of the University of Pforzheim and Grünhof GmbH, Freiburg, want to use the funding project to "strengthening the market entry of green start-ups through networking with SMEs" (acronym "GrüNetz").
- Derive relevant fields of innovation for networking between SMEs and start-ups, e.g. from the environmental technology roadmap.
- Analysis of the concrete starting positions and requirements of SMEs
- Analysis of the concrete starting positions and requirements of green start-ups
- Formation of topic-specific clusters of start-ups and SMEs
- Development and implementation of innovative networking, coaching and cooperation formats that are specifically suited for matching and partnering SMEs and green start-ups
- Transfer of project results to interested stakeholders
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Claus Lang-Koetz
01.03.2021 until 28.02.2023
The project is funded by the Ministry of the Environment Baden-Württemberg and the German Federal Environmental Foundation.